Kheerganga Trek Highlights
- Kheerganga is a one-of-a-kind Himalayan journey that blesses you with scenic meadows, woodland pathways covered with pine trees, a couple of waterfalls, and town bridges as you near the summit at approximately 10,000 feet.
- Residents discover the secrets of why Lord Shiva’s son Kartikey meditated for a thousand years here.
- The magnificent Parvati Kund – The hallowed hot water spring – meets you at Kheerganga, definitely what you need to relax when the temperatures drop.
- At Kheerganga, give importance to the mix of Indian and Hippie culture, where you’ll be delighted to see the cross-cultural.
- Predict it to see and photograph landscapes during your stay, since its view of the sunset and trekking through the Kheerganga forests are both wonderful.
- Camp under the moonlight at the peak of the Parvati Valley for some mental wellness.
Overview Kheerganga Trek :
The Kheerganga trek is perhaps the most prominent of all the Parvati Valley treks, and it takes travelers through some notable features. It does not require much time or prior trekking expertise, making it ideal for any beginner trekker or traveler.
You will be treated to the stunning beauty of nature while traveling through Himachal Pradesh’s wonderful terrain. There are a few wooden bridges but several slick spots on the trail.
During this stretch of the Kheerganga hike from Kasol, your eyes will be welcomed to a multitude of largest freshwater; be sure to capture each one.
Note: If Kheerganga is closed because of heavy snowfall, Tosh Valley Trek or Grahan Village Trek will be modified.
Quick facts regarding Kheerganga Trekking:
- Barshaini is the start and completion point.
- The trip begins at 9:00 a.m. on Day 1 and ends around 12:00 p.m. on Day 2. (Day 2)
- Kheerganga Trek is 9600 feet high.
- Best Time to Visit: any time of the Year
- Average temperature ranges from 8°C to 15°C most of the day and 0°C to 3°C at night.
- The Kheerganga Trekking Trail is 14 miles in length.
- Kasol has the last ATM.
- In these places, BSNL’s mobile network is the best.
- The gradient of Trekking: Easy
- Inclusions in the Kheerganga Trek Package:
- Stay: Tents are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Dinner and Breakfast are the only meals available (Nutritious Veg. Meals)
- Trek Leader/Guide (Professional Trek Leader/Guide) (Certified Trek Guide)
- Trekking and camping are two of the activities available.
- Camping Gear: Tent, Sleeping Bag, and Mats
How to get in touch:
Kheerganga trekking starts in Barshaini, approximately 20 kilometers from Kasol.
You could either travel to Barshaini on your own or afford a private or shared cab from Kasol to Barshaini.
Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
A Journey to India’s Mini-Israel from New Delhi to Bhuntar
- Begin your journey by boarding a semi-sleeper AC Volvo bus/tempo traveler/sedan automobile/SUV car from Delhi at 5:00 p.m. (depending on group size).
- Spending the night on the bus
Excursion from Kasol to Chalal | Experience the ‘Little Amsterdam’
- When you arrive in Bhuntar, take some deep breaths and take in the sights as you go to the campsite in Kasol using local transportation at your own expense.
- Explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’ of Kasol’s arcades, which are filled with vibrant souvenir boutiques and Israeli cafes, on your own ready to travel to Chalal.
- Return to your campsite in the evening after a wonderful day in Chalal.
- Enjoy a great dinner while dancing around the bonfire.
- Kasol is where you will spend the night.
- Move to Barshaini after breakfast to begin your exciting Kheerganga Trek.
- The point of confluence of the Parvati and Tosh Rivers is Barshaini, a quiet village near Kasol.
- Enjoy picturesque waterfalls like the majestic Rudra Nag during the first part of this Kheerganga trek and take a short break to admire the landform’s grandeur.
- Trek along the gushing Parvati River for about 14 kilometers, crossing through the tranquil communities of Kalga and Pulga.
- Take a refreshing bath in the hot legendary Parvati Kund after reaching the beautiful meadow of Kheerganga to wash it away from the fatigue of the trek.
- Kheerganga to Kasol via Barshaini Awaken to a stunning view of the Himalayan peaks and return to Barshaini via the same route you took to come to Kheerganga.
- Arrive in Barshaini and arrange your own travel plans to Bhuntar.
- Return to Delhi from Bhuntar and bid your farewell to the Himalayas.