Upholstery cleaning is often overlooked. However, there are some very good reasons why you should consider upholstery cleaning. Here are five of them:
1) Upholstery cleans better
When your furniture has accumulated dirt and grit over an extended period of time it becomes more difficult to get rid of these impurities through ordinary vacuuming alone. Upholstery cleaners possess special attachments that enable them to clean into the tiny crevices where dirt can accumulate. The result? Upholstered surfaces that look cleaner and smell fresher than ever before!
2) Upholstery looks better
Just like homes, offices and other public spaces, upholstered furniture can tend to look dingy and tired over time. Upholstery cleaning restores the fabric of upholstered items back to its original luster, leaving them looking like new again.
3) Upholstery is healthier
Upholsteries accumulate dust and dirt just like any other surface in your home or office, but did you know that they also accumulate germs and even toxins? Upholstery cleaners employ special agents formulated for killing allergens such as mold spores, dust mites and soot–all things that contribute to common asthma conditions. Upholstery cleaning also reduces or eliminates more dangerous toxins such as lead (found in some old paint jobs), benzene (used in foam cushion production) and formaldehyde (used in Upholstery production).
4) Upholstery is easier to clean
Regular, thorough upholstery cleaning makes housekeeping much more manageable. Upholsteries are surfaces that accumulate dust and soot very easily, which results in grime being spread across other items–especially carpets–if they aren’t cleaned thoroughly. Upholstery cleaning before the onset of winter also helps minimize the amount of allergens accumulated throughout your home or office by eliminating dirt particles that become airborne when disturbed by vacuuming or furniture movement.
5) Upholstery lasts longer–and looks better after re-upholstering
One of the best reasons to consider professional upholstery cleaning is that it can lengthen the life of your upholstery significantly. Upholstery cleaning removes dirt and tough stains from a piece’s surface before they have a chance to seep into its fibers, which also ensures that re-upholstering will be necessary less frequently. Upholstery cleaning is especially important when you are in the process of selecting new fabric for re-upholstering purposes, because it enables you to see the finished product more accurately.
When You Should Get Upholstery Cleaning Done
1) Upholstery cleaning is recommended every twelve months for most fabrics. However, homes with pets or children may require upholstery cleaning twice yearly due to increased wear and tear on their upholstery. Upholstered furniture in kitchens and high-traffic areas may also need to be cleaned more often than just once a year.
2) Upholstery cleaning Gold Coast is recommended whenever you are considering re-upholstering your furniture. Not only will regular upholstery cleaning extend the life of your current fabric, but it can also help you avoid having to re-upholster prematurely by detecting any dirt or stains that might damage new fabric during the re-upholstering process. Upholstery cleaning will even make it easier for a professional Upholsterer to match existing material color precisely when it comes time to re-upholster the piece!
3) Upholstery cleaning is recommended whenever your Upholstery looks or feels dirty, even if it isn’t. Upholstered furniture should be gently vacuumed weekly to remove surface dirt and grit. Upholstery that has visible signs of soilage should be cleaned within 3-5 days to avoid making them difficult or impossible to remove.
4) Upholstery cleaning is recommended for upholstered items with visible stains, spills or damage–sooner rather than later! Upholstery can accumulate stains in tiny crevices very easily, which makes them much easier to clean when the affected area is still small. If you wait too long before getting tough stains cleaned out, they may become permanent! You also run the risk of color changes or shrinkage in Upholstery fabric if it becomes damp and is not dried quickly.
5) Upholstery cleaning is recommended whenever you want to sell your Upholstered furniture. Upholsterers, antique dealers and other professional Upholstery buyers will refuse to purchase pieces that have not been professionally cleaned before they either re-upholster them or resell them. This means that your Upholstered items could end up costing you a lot more money for simple upholstery clean!
6) Upholstery cleaning Sunshine Coast is recommended when changing seasonally from winter to Spring, Summer to Fall–or vice versa! During the year’s transition from hot, humid summer weather to the dry winter months, Upholstery inside your home can become extremely dirty and dusty! Upholstered items that are kept outside–such as patio furniture–may also be exposed to a lot of dirt and dust during seasonal transitions.
If you have Upholstered furniture in your home or shared office, professional upholstery cleaning should be done at least once a year. Upholstery cleaning not only helps keep Upholstered items clean, fresh-smelling and looking great, it can also save you money by lengthening the life of an item’s Upholstery fabric before it requires reupholstering.
Bolchaal is a platform of passionate writers who want to aspire others through the amazing ideas they have relating to our beloved homeland “Pakistan”.